Friday, July 15, 2011

Bliggity Bloggity Boo

So! I've started a blog, eh? I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I'm doing it. The truth is that I've had a desire to blog for ages- well, months at least. 


But I don't know what to blog ABOUT. I really do love to write, but the problem is, that I usually get the desire to write when I am upset. And I usually feel upset when I'm not feeling very fond of my husband dearest... so although you may want to hear about our spits and spats, I don't really want to tell you about them. 




Another problem with a blog- and my writing, is that I always feel the need to provide CONTEXT. I'm always trying to catch journals up to speed, filling in the feelings between the last entry and the present. A catch up play by play blog doesn't appeal to me. 

Thirdly (I'm not sure if that's a word, but this is MY blog, so I will use it if I want to!) Ahem- Thirdly! I'm afraid of the OVER SHARE. I don't want to bore, or burn others with the details. I don't want to expose anything better left covered up. 

As my husband will readily tell you- I'm a fan of leaving uncomfortable things covered right up. I don't really enjoy conflict. Although I know I've gotten bolder over the years (sheesh, there I go again- trying to provide context) but I'm not the type of person that necessarily wants to deal with reality. Sometimes it's just easier to skim over the though stuff and pretend it's not there... Writing is actually one way that I identify my reality. I have trouble processing situations & conversations in the moment, and sometimes it takes a poem, a song, or a page in my handy dandy journal for me to realize how I feel about something. That being said- I feel a bit vulnerable starting a blog. I'm not sure this is the thing for me... but here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment